Monday, May 19, 2008

a crown moulding virgin no more!


I'm beginning to tackle the kitchen cabinets. I can't dive right in because too many other things are on my plate, but I try to sneak in some progress here and there. Today, for the very first time, I put up crown moulding. Just me, an old swear-word inducing miter box, a saw, a drill, finishing nails, and a ladder resulted in a pretty fair job. I'll use some painter's caulking to neaten up joints etc. I'm going to paint the cabinets right up to the moulding to give the kitchen some height. You can see a previous blog entry here where I found a good before/after example.

Off to fill the holes with wood filler I go...

2 comments:

Chris Kauffman said...

Well done sister , I am so proud of you , it looks great.

onelittlemustardseed said...

I can attest to how good it looks!