Wednesday, February 10, 2010

finding luxurious supplies on the cheap

cell phone included in photo to show scale

I popped into Homesense the other morning looking for a particular picture frame size. It was to no avail, but like a good little hunter, I immediately headed over to the department which contained the things I currently lack: decorator pillows. I bypassed the regular price pillows mind you, because I couldn't justify the prices. I headed straight to the clearance aisle.


No, I'm not looking for finished pillows that will do the trick. I want to make my own pillows. You see, even an ugly pillow could be a gem undercover. It wasn't hard to find pillow after pillow which contained feathers for it's stuffing. This week's find were 2 tacky (at least in my books) little accent pillows. They were $10 each, which is a little pricey since you can find a large reduced feather pillow for the same price, but these were rare finds. I've noticed little pillows on Etsy.com lately that I'd love to use for inspiration for my own little wonders, and why shouldn't they be feather pillows like all the others.

If you're into sewing, or at least equipped to sew pillow covers, there's no reason why you have to resort to synthetic stuffing...unless of course you have allergies.

No comments: